Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Pharos - Message about your print job

Today while working on migrating our clients from one Pharos Server to a new Pharos Server. I noticed that this popup was seen on the old Pharos system but no the new one.
Pharos "Message about your print job" popup dialog
Since I use several Pharos Scripts in the plug-in's I figured the text for this message must exist somewhere in the scripts. After searching in vain I could not track down the differences in two server's scripts. Finally I found the cause for this message was not in the scripts but rather the Uniprint Global Settings.
Pharos - Uniprint Global Settings
By checking Cost Information and Cost Acceptance the user is notified with the Message about your print Job. Read more about this feature here

This was really a problem for us as I was also using a script to prompt the users to accept charges in another script. Its been that way for 3 years and yet no one as ever complained about having to accept the charges twice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; someone, anyone!