Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Don't use Windows XP on Vmware View


This is to Dell, Vmware, and EMC, and IBM Sales reps.

Quick rant at everyone telling me I should be using Windows XP instead of Windows 7 for Vmware View.

The year is 2011, Windows XP was shipped in 2001. Thats 10 years. Thats literally forever in software terms. I know you could fit more Windows XP on your VMs, I could fit even more DOS machines. Why would I spend all the time and energy to use the newest hardware, software and Infrastructural to offer my users 10 year old software?
 
Look here at the Microsoft Product Lifecycle Search and its Clear Winodws XP is at end of support.  Get over it and stop using it to lie about the number of VMs you can run on your hardware. 

1 comment:

Please leave a comment; someone, anyone!