Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

VMware View 4.5: Specified AD container partial distinguished name is not valid

Update 9-1-2011 with View 4.6 - Ran into this problem again, it seems that if you change the creds in view that they don't take effect very quickly. I made a change to the creds for the vSphere one day and 2 days later recomposing started giving the "Specified AD container partial distinguished name is not valid"  again. Check the AD permissions on the OU you have the View VM's added to with this post by Vmware. Also it was creating the AD objects then failing, as clean up Manually deleted those objects from AD.

Today I kept getting the following in error in VMware View 4.5 when trying to provision VMs.
Specified AD container partial distinguished name is not valid.
When provisioning VMware View Pools. I've ran into it error before and last time i was in a hurry and created a new pool to get around the problem. However I finally narrowed it down several causes today.
  1. Follow the Logs. For more detailed information checkout "\\VSphereServer\c$\ProgramData\VMware\View Composer\Logs\vmware-viewcomposer.log" for additional detail about the error.
  2. Is the Value correct? If your like me you used the GUI to set this value so it seems unlikely its incorrect.  
  3. Does that account specified have access to add machines to that OU and is the password correct. Both are easy to check, as the password might have changed or the like.
  4. Did the Computer already exist in AD? If your recomposing the machine you may need to delete the already existing AD object and then see if it can recreate it.
  5. Have you rebooted the View Composser Server? I found that while the services were up I needed to reboot it once in a while. I don't know why this is and it shouldn't work but I found that it did. Wish i could tell you more on why this works some times.
  6. Try Removing it from the LDAP ADAM instance, the DB, and View before provisioning it. Manually deleting linked clones or stale virtual desktop entries from VMware View Manager
If unsure how to connect to the LDAP Instance look to my other post.

If you are seeing the following also follow the Manually deleting linked clones or stale virtual desktop entries from VMware View Manager link. You may need this post if your deleting references from the View Composer database as it will automate the process for you.
Desktop Composer Fault: 'Virtual Machine with Input Specification already exists



Links

6 comments:

  1. DR odudu the great spell caster bring back my lover in a period of 48hours all thanks goes to dr odudu for making my life happy again i thought of committing suicide but when i contact dr odudu all my tears was clean am saying all this because life is too beautiful, with me now all days am away happy with my lover,you that is there and you are saying you have lost all you have am hear to tell you now you have not lost any yet dr odudu is the answer to all problem contact him now at oduduspell@gmail.com or call +2348051913075 odudu is the answer,via oduduspell@gmail.com.
    roseline from u s a

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK!!! i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to Prophet Ekpiku for bringing back my husband who left i and the kids for almost two months. i am very much grateful to Prophet Ekpiku. I pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to help more people having similar problem like mine. for help you can reach him on his email address:Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am Joyce Benson, my husband is back after separation. thanks to Dr Happy for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again. My husband and I separated 9 months ago and our children, Emily and Robert, live with her in London, but see me every weekend i needed my husband and children back home, I was totally devastated and confused and did not know how to bring them back home because i have tried all my possible best all to no avail, until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called Dr Happy who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contacted him i told him everything and he told me that everything will be fine that my family are going to come back to me, all he said i will do is for me to provide the money for him to buy the items and i did and he told me that he is going to cast the spell, he helped me cast a spell and within 48 hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with women and he is with me for good and for real. you can Contact him on { howtogetyourexback@hotmail.com} he is genuine. If you have any problem contact Dr Happy he is real and always ready to solve your problem , E-mail: howtogetyourexback@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

  4. A useful post with interesting information!
    In an exchange I want to draw your attention to electronic data room

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had doubts about magic spells after purchasing many spells that never worked I actually decided to never buy a spell again. I have tried different spell casters..Some of them never answered me after I paid and were obvious scammers, some really cast a spell but for some reason it didn't work. Then I saw a video on you-tube with a person who was mentioning she had results with Mama Anita. Despite the suspicions I had her site looked real so I gave spells a last try. It's probably the best decision I ever made in my life because it worked and my boyfriend came back with me After I broke up with him I spent a lot of time wishing that I could just turn the clock backwards.He helped me do just that. In fact our relationship feels like the break up never even happened. We have never been this happy or passionate, all thanks to mama Anita. If you're looking for a good spell caster look no further,you can contact her straight on (magic.lovespel@reincarnate.com).or mama.anitaspellcraft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to use this opportunity to thank this great holy man called Priest Babaka for what he has done for me and my family. This great man has brought happiness and joy back again to me and my family. Priest Babaka has used his great power to help me bring back my husband within the period of 48 hours and also helped me in getting pregnant with his powerful prayers and after 7 days of applying his herbs.This is more than words can say, at first i didn't believe it but today it is so true and all thanks goes to him. i will advice every one out there that has a similar issue, and also any one who is willing to get his or her lover back and any one who wants to get pregnant quick to contact this wonderful man today and forever remain happy in life. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priestly.babaka

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; someone, anyone!