Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

VMWorld 2012

I'm surprised  and excited to announce that I"ll be attending VMworld 2012 this year and even more surprised to say I'll actually sitting on a panel to talk about “Doing More with Less” by Leveraging Desktop Virtualization to Reduce Costs While Improving Learning. I'll be speaking about how Northern Kentucky University (NKU) is offering more services to our students and faulty. Offering a better experiences, faster delivery of professor needs, using less time of support staff, and doing it all without spending more than we were previously.

I'll be attending VMworld with Paul Ritter, NKU's Server Team Manager,  so expect additional VMworld posts from us in the coming weeks. Also remember that if you attending VMworld to register for our session and if you have questions please leave them in the comments and I'll attempt to get answers ahead of time.


EUC3380 - Live Panel Discussion on How Education Customers Are “Doing More with Less” by Leveraging Desktop Virtualization to Reduce Costs While Improving Learning


I'll also try and take this chance to release some projects I built for NKU but honestly never got around to publishing or polishing enough for general release.

For an example I wrote a website for reporting VMware View Statistics (a feature sorely missing from the VMware product).

Active Connections from the Statistics Site
I modified the powershell scripts in I use for the Thin Client made using Windows 7 to provide a Lab Status Web Page for students that shows in real time which labs have Thin Clients and how many.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; someone, anyone!